Aviation Engineering / Aviation Logistics (B.Eng.) - expiringAviation Engineering/Aviation Management
Bachelor of Engineering
Language of instruction
Modes of study
full-time, part-time, dual
no tuition fees (the university only charges semester fees each semester)
The globalised economy requires air traffic systems that span the globe, transporting both people and goods quickly, safely and economically to their destination. Safety, reliability, performance and efficiency are heavily dependent on whether the system and its processes are appropriately designed, optimised and further developed. It is therefore essential to deal intensively with the functionality, safety and reliability of the technical systems and their various elements as well as the abilities and motivation of the people involved in the processes.
This degree programme aims to provide students with a broad knowledge of aviation engineering, the application and operation of aircraft, airports and flight safety systems as well as their production, maintenance and repair. Upon completion of this degree programme, graduates will be able to evaluation the complex relationships between the various components within the context of the entire air traffic system and the effects they have upon one another.
Graduates of the Bachelor's programme will have a general understanding of the various areas within aviation with a solid overview of how everything works together.
This Bachelor's degree programme serves a foundation for subsequent specialisation without losing sight of aviation complexity.
The Aviation Engineering/ Aviation Logistics Bachelor's degree programme is divided into four areas:
- Area 1: mathematical and scientific foundations with a focus on mathematics, information technology, thermodynamics, electrodynamics/electronics and material engineering
- Area 2: subject-specific foundations with a focus on production processes, measurement and sensor technology as well as the foundations of aviation technology
- Area 3: more in-depth technical study of the physics of flight, aircraft equipment, aircraft maintenance, flight safety, airport operations and aviation planning
- Area 4: multi-disciplinary studies of business administration, aviation law, quality management and human factors
Programme modulesOpen areaClose area
- Computer Science
- Materials Technology
- Technical Thermodynamics
- Electrical Engineering/ Electronics
- Construction and Design Basics/ CAD
- Manufacturing Methods
- Sensor Technology
- Measurement Technology, Systems and Signals
- Introduction to Aviation Engineering and Logistics
- Operation Research
- Flights Mechanics
- Flight Control
- Aircraft Engines
- Aircraft Equipment
- Aicraft Maintenance
- Airport Operation and Planning
- Air Traffic Mission Planning
- Air Traffic Control
- Material Flow Logistics
- Basics of Business Administration in Aviation
- Aviation Law
- Basics of Navigation in Aviation
- Quality Management Systems
- Satellite Navigation
- Human Factors
- Aviation Safety and Security
Career opportunitiesOpen areaClose area
- Engineering and technology fields: Airlines, airport operators, handling companies
- Areas in planning, production preparation and quality assurance with technical aviation operations and aircraft manufacturers/component manufacturers
- Administrative areas of aviation (Federal Office of Civil Aeronautics, air crash investigation)
- Regulatory and approval authorities in Germany
Admission requirements and applicationOpen areaClose area
General admission requirements
Specific admission requirements
Language skills: To be admitted to this degree programme, overseas applicants must possess sufficient German language skills. This may be demonstrated with an overall grade of DSH-2 or better from the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für Hochschulen (DSH) language exam.
Sufficient knowledge of the English language is required for admission into this programme. Students must be able to follow lectures held in English and also submit their work in English.
You can apply to TH Wildau online. All the information you need to apply can be found on our central application page.
We recommend checking in good time as to whether it is useful for you to participate in study preparation courses prior to commencing your studies. Online tests in the subjects of mathematics, physics, information technology and technical mechanics will help you come to a decision. Prior knowledge in these subjects is an important basis for various study modules and therefore necessary for the success of your studies in light of past experience.