Mechanical Engineering (M.Eng.)
Graduates of the mechanical engineering course are the drivers, managers and shapers of technological progress. We offer you a practical, high-quality education programme.How to apply
Master of Engineering
Language of instruction
Modes of study
3 semesters (full-time)
no tuition fees (the university only charges semester fees each semester)
The academic master’s degree programme in Mechanical Engineering gives graduates technical leadership skills in technical operations in all kinds of businesses, particularly in the construction and manufacturing sectors, as well as in technical administration and consultancy companies.
The degree programme is technically oriented with additional modules on business administration and information technology and enables graduates to gain an integrative and responsible understanding of tasks in technically oriented management roles.
Graduates will be able to confidently recognise complex issues in the specified fields and analyse them using scientific methods to find targeted and effective solutions. They will be further able to take on responsibility for technical tasks. Immediately after graduating, or after gaining a small amount of initial work experience, graduates will be able to take on leadership, project and HR responsibilities.
- In-depth study of the foundations of mathematics and science.
- In-depth study of engineering principles
- Multidisciplinary studies
- Profile development catalogue
- Interdisciplinary project work (over two semesters)
- Master’s thesis
Programme modulesOpen areaClose area
- Mathematical Methods and Optimization
- Numerical Mathematics
- Informatics for Engineers
- Technical Mechanics
- Mechanical Dynamics
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Hydraulics/ Pneumatics
- High End Materials and Coatings
- Production Technologies
- Complex Production Systems
- Production Planning and Control
- Production Management (Project)
- Management and Finanzing
- Controlling/ Accounting
- Business Law
- Engineering Methods
- Design of Tools
- CAD/ CAM
- Digital Prototyping
- Gearing Technics
- NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness)
- Maintenance Management
- Intercultural Management
Career opportunitiesOpen areaClose area
Today, graduates of a mechanical engineering programme are not only required as designers, manufacturing specialists or marketing experts, but are also in demand as ‘problems solution managers’.
Graduates can find work in:
- Design and manufacturing
- Research and development
- Scientific career paths
- Technical management
- Business management
Admission requirements and applicationOpen areaClose area
General admission requirements
Specific admission requirements
(1) A professional first degree (e.g. diploma, bachelor’s, master’s). If this degree is based upon the ECTS credit point system, then it must comprise at least 210 Credit Points. …
(2) Language skills: To be admitted to this degree programme, overseas applicants must possess sufficient German language skills. This may be demonstrated with an overall grade of DSH-2 or better from the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für Hochschulen (DSH) language exam.
(3) Applicants must demonstrate that they hold a relevant specialist qualification upon submission of their application along with their relevant university degree. Completion of a degree programme in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Aviation Engineering is considered as a sufficient specialist qualification. Applicants from other degree programmes must have studied a degree covering closely related areas, demonstrating that they have sufficiently covered the necessary specialist areas. This may include the following areas: Mechanics, physics, materials technology, production methods and engineering, design technology, information technology, tool machines, automation technology and quality management. If these requirements are not met, then students may be admitted on a case by case basis with specific support provided. The final decision lies with the faculty Examinations Board.
Applicants holding a degree in a scope of 180 credit points (CP) can complete a certification module at the Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau in the (preceding) winter semester. 30 CP are awarded for completion of the certification module. For more information about the topics covered by the certification module and how they are assessed, refer to Section 6 of the Study and Examination Regulations (Official Communication 33/2019). You may apply for the certification module online.
You can apply for the certification module online. All the information you need to apply can be found on our central application page (in German only).
You can apply to TH Wildau online. All the information you need to apply can be found on our central application page.