Bachelor of Engineering
Language of instruction
Modes of study
dual degree programme with integrated internships
no tuition fees (the university only charges semester fees each semester)
The areas of telecommunications and information technology are seeing increasing demand for highly qualified individuals both in Germany and internationally. It is a common complaint from businesses that graduates of traditional degree programmes have spent too long studying, the contents of their courses lack enough practical relevance and that they are not introduced to the actual conditions and requirements of working life.
Graduates of the Telematics bachelor’s degree programme acquire knowledge of the fundamental technologies and networked solutions used in information and telecommunication infrastructure, particularly focusing on current market-oriented areas. The above-average proportion of practical content means that, despite the shorter duration of the programme, they also acquire real world experience and IT decision-making skills in leading industrial processes using telematic components and solutions as well as a general understanding of how businesses operate, economic relationships and the importance of social sills.
- Information technology
- Fundamental knowledge of telematic technologies and systems
- Specialist fundamental knowledge of telecommunications
- General course contents (e.g. mathematics, business administration and project management, law and media)
- Work placement, project work, bachelor's thesis
Programme modulesOpen areaClose area
- Technical Computer Science
- Programming/ Software Engineering I
- Operation Systems
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Programming/ Software Engineering II
- Programming Project
- Internet Programming
- Distributed Data Storages
- Internet Communication
- Communication and Location Techniques
- Mobile Communication
- Telecommunication Services and Networks
- Virtual Reality and Simulation
- Mathematics I
- Electrical Engineering Basics
- Mathematics II
- Communications Engineering Basics
- Mathematics III
- Mathematics IV
- Communication training
- Project Management
- Law (basics of law/ IT-law)
- Human Resources and Business Organization
- Investment and Financing
- Marketing and Sales
Career opportunitiesOpen areaClose area
This degree programme opens up a range of interesting career options such as software developer, systems engineer, product manager or designer, application administrator or marketing expert.
Fields of work:
- Telecommunications and information technology, research and development
- Production, services
Admission requirements and applicationOpen areaClose area
General admission requirements
Specific admission requirements
Language skills: To be admitted to this degree programme, overseas applicants must possess sufficient German language skills. This may be demonstrated with an overall grade of DSH-2 or better from the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für Hochschulen (DSH) language exam.
You can apply to TH Wildau online. All the information you need to apply can be found on our central application page.
We recommend checking in good time as to whether it is useful for you to participate in study preparation courses prior to commencing your studies. Online tests in the subjects of mathematics, physics and information technology will help you come to a decision. Prior knowledge in these subjects is an important basis for various study modules and therefore necessary for the success of your studies in light of past experience.