External catalogues and search engines
- KOBV portal is a regional library portal of Berlin and Brandenburg. KOBV portal lists nearly all library collections of universities and universities of applied sciences in Berlin and Brandenburg that belong to the KOBV library network. KOBV portal also offers information about availability, library addresses, opening hours and interlibrary loan.
- KVK (Karlsruhe Virtual Catalogue) is a meta catalogue that lists bibliographic data of millions of books, journal titles and other media items taken from library and book trade catalogues worldwide.
Search engines for scientific literature
- OpenAlex: The open catalog to the global research system
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine) is one of the world's largest search engines for scientific web documents. The index contains more than 100 million documents from more than 5.000 sources. Approximately 60 % of these documents are accessible free of charge (open access). The search engine BASE is hostet by the university library Bielefeld.
- Google Scholar is Google's search engine for scientific literature.