July 1st, 2020
1st German-West African Conference on Sustainable, Renewable Energy Systems SusRes – Kara 2020
July 1st 2020, University of Kara
“Sustainability through Smart Applications”
Renewable Energy Systems are, in times of climate change, a fundamental technology to reduce the usage of climate-damaging fossil energy sources with limited availability and replaces them width sustainable energy sources. Furthermore, regenerative energy sources can bring solutions to power hamlets as “off-the-grid electricity solution” in regions without power supply. Together with the increasing role of digitization and the development of smart applications, new technologies arise, which will play an ever-increasing role in future energy issues. This paradigm shift places new demands on research and education and stretches well beyond national borders. The Conference forms a platform for addressing these topics and for exchanging scientific expertise and pedagogical approaches within university teaching.
Prospective authors are invited to submit an abstract of their contribution, which will be reviewed within a double-blind review process. Once the paper is accepted, the authors are asked to rework their paper according to the reviews and submit the full paper or poster contribution before the final paper submission deadline. All accepted works will be eligible for an award in the respective category, except those whose author or paper does not meet the requirements.
Please submit your contribution
- Renewable Energy
- Machine Learning
- Industry 4.0
- Intelligent Automation & Robotics
- Smart Grids
- Predictive Analytics
- Energy Efficiency
- CPS & IOT(IIOT)
- 30/4/20 Deadline for Abstracts
- 15/5/20 Notification of Acceptance
- 22/6/20 Full-Paper submission
The requested language of abstract and contribution is English
The abstract should not exceed 2 DINA4 pages (presentation including discussion 20 minutes)
Abstracts of the contributions are submitted in electronic form through the ConfTool System.
Conference CommitteeOpen areaClose area
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörg Reiff-Stephan
Department of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau
Prof. Kou´santa AMOUZOU
Dean of the Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Kara
Associate Prof. Assiongbon ADANLETE
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Kara
International Scientific CommitteeOpen areaClose area
- Associate Prof. ADANLETE ADJANOH Assiongbon, Physical Properties of Materials, University of Kara, Togo
- Prof. Dr. AMOUZOU Sabiba Kou ́santa, Biochemistry, University of Kara, Togo
- Prof. Dr. BANNA Magolmeena, Heat and Mass Transfer, University of Lomé, Togo
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bernd Büchau, Process Control and Industrial Communication Systems, TH Stralsund, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Dreiner, Sustainable Wood Processing, HNEE, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Clemens Faller, Automation, Industrial IT and Smart Production, HS Bochum, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Xiao Feng, Economics, Tongji University, China
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Foitzik-Hintelmann, Microsystems Technology/ System Integration, TH Wildau, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Gerhard, Physics/Instrumental Analysis, HAWK Göttingen, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Lutz Giese, Renewable Energy Systems/Energy Management, TH Wildau, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Frank Gillert, Smart Logistics, LNBB, Germany
- Dr. HOVA Hoavo, Theorical physics, University of Kara, Togo
- Dr. KATA N ́detigma, Renewable Energies, University of Kara, Togo
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Knothe, Business Process and Factory Management, Fraunhofer IPK, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Kubica, Business Intelligence, TH Wildau, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Reinhard Langmann, Applied Internet Technologies, HS Düsseldorf (CCAD), Germany
- Prof. Viktorio Malisa, Robotics and Applied Mechanics, F-AR, Austria
- Prof. Dr. NAPO KOSSI, Materials and Renewable Energies, University of Lomé, Togo
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Karl-Heinz Niemann, Energy Management, HS Hannover, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Felipe Andrès Hernandez Pentòn, Economics, UNISS, Cuba
- Prof. Dr. Siegfried Rolle, Engineering Physics and Renewable Energies, TH Wildau, Germany
- Associate Prof. SALAMI Adekunlé Akim, Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energies, University of Lomé, Togo
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Guido Sand, Modeling and Optimization of Complex Systems, HS Pforzheim, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hasan Smajic, Automation, TH Köln, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Stolpmann, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Vision, TH Wildau, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Carsten Wittenberg, Human-Machine-Systems/Automation, HS Heilbronn, Germany
Organizing CommitteeOpen areaClose area
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörg Reiff-Stephan
Tel .: +49 3375 508 418
Prof. Dr. Assiongbon ADANLETE
Ron van de Sand
Tel .: +49 3375 508 781
Sponsors and PartnersOpen areaClose area
DAAD - German Academic Exchange Service
Submissions and PublicationsOpen areaClose area
- Abstract Submission April 30th, 2020
- Final paper submission June 22nd, 2020
- Conference July 1st, 2020
For any question you might have, please email to: info(at)susres2020.org
- Communication of acceptance for full paper on May 14th, 2020
- All abstracts will be assessed in a review process
All authors with accepted abstract will be able to submit the corresponding full paper (or poster contribution) for publication in the conference proceedings. Reference is made to the deadlines for contributions!
Please note that full papers shall not exceed 10 pages in total
Poster contributions shall include one poster (A0 format), which must be printed and presented at the conference, and a summery which shall not exceed 4 pages in total
The conference proceedings will be published in a referenceable format by use of a ISBN number
- Only original works that have not been published previously in any format (journals, web ...) or presented in previous conferences is allowed to be submitted.
- The authors will be responsible to third parties for the originality and ownership of the work presented.
- The Scientific Committee of the Conference reserves the right exclude papers from the conference proceedings that fail the plagiarism check.
- All papers submitted must be in English.
- Papers must be submitted through the ConfTool System. Papers submitted in a different way will not be accepted.
- The organization of this Conference reserves the publication rights of the papers on the web or in the documentation provided during the conference.
ProgramOpen areaClose area
Here you can find our program.
Conference AwardsOpen areaClose area
Young Researcher AWARDS
Congratulations to the two PhD students winning the SusRES Young Researcher Awards. Mr Krou and Mr Afenyiveh contributed to the high scientifc standard of our conference by submittting their papers. By winning the award, both studnets received a 3 month scholarship for conducting a reserach project in Germany at the University of Applied Sciences Wildau.
We're looking forward to welcome you in 2021!
Registration and FeesOpen areaClose area
Due to the corona pandamic, this years conference will be conducted as a web-conference. Therefore, the resgistration for our event will be free of charge. Please reigster yourself in advace.
Please note that all papers must be presented by one of the authors during the conference. The organizer reserved the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference if it is not presenetd at the conference. Authors attending the SusRES 2020 conference in Kara must register themselfs using our conference tool.
The registration will open on May 4th, 2020.
AccomodationOpen areaClose area
Please note that we will provide a shuttle service between the hotels and the University of Kara for all participants.
The follwoing hotels are recommended:
Shortly before the entrance of the city
Phone: +228. 90057313
Hotel ô KARA
+228 26 60 05 16
Hotel La Douceur
Chaminade district, near the ASKO Municipal Stadium