Exchange Students

Exchange Students

German version

Application Process Incoming Exchange Students

Every semester, around 70 students from our partner universities come to Wildau for an exchange of one or two semesters. Many of them stay in Wildau within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union or take part in a double or joint degree programme.

If you would like to spend a part of your studies in Wildau, please follow the application process laid out below.

Step 1: Apply at your home universityOpen areaClose area

If you study at one of our partner universities and you’re interested in and exchange at TH Wildau, apply directly at your home university. They will then direct your application to us.

Step 2: Get nominated by your home universityOpen areaClose area

Your home university will nominate you and inform TH Wildau about your plans to study in Wildau.

Step 3: TH Wildau welcomes youOpen areaClose area

After receiving your nomination, we will welcome you per E-Mail. You will receive information about studying at TH Wildau and will be informed about the required application documents and deadlines.

Step 4: Hand in your application documentsOpen areaClose area

Exchange students need to hand in application documents before the following deadlines:

  • 15 May for an exchange starting in the winter semester (September-February)
  • 15 November for an exchange starting in the summer semester (March-August)


All students must hand in the following documents:

  • cv
  • contact form
  • biometric picture
  • passport copy
    (EU citizen: ID card)
  • European Health Insurance card (EHIC) or German public insurance certificate
    (further information - see paragraph 'Insurances')


Exchange students must also hand in the following additional documents:

  • Learning Agreement (Erasmus+) - Learning Agreement (others)
    (We will provide you with a list of matching modules for your stay in Wildau. Please fill out and send us the Learning Agreement duly signed by you and your home university. Exchange students shall take at least 20 and max. 35 ECTS per semester. During your time at our university, we will also be glad to welcome you at our free „German as a foreign language” courses if you are interested in improving your German language skills. You will find the courses offered here.)
  • Language certificate
    (Bachelor: level B1 & Master: level B2 according to CEFR)


Joint/double degree students must also hand in the following additional documents:

  • School leaving certificate
    (Master students: Bachelor degree certificate)
  • Transcript of Records with grades obtained so far
  • Language certificate
    (level C1 according to CEFR)


Please note that all documents must be submitted via e-mail to incoming(at)

Step 5: TH Wildau issues your invitation letterOpen areaClose area

Once you handed in your application documents, we will send you your official invitation letter via E-Mail.

Step 6: Arrival in WildauOpen areaClose area

Before your arrival, check the following:

  • If you're not an EU citizen, you will need a visa to enter Germany. Please check this webpage for further information.
  • Do not forget to book your accommodation in Wildau or Berlin.
  • Please note that all students must pay a contribution to public transport and student services. More information can be found here.

Your stay at TH Wildau

Contact International Office

The International Office supports you before and during your stay at TH Wildau.

Mr. Simon Devos-Chernova
Ms. Carolina Winkler


House 13, Room 033