LCCI English for Business Examinations
The Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau offers the LCCIEB (London Chamber of Commerce and Industry English for Business) examinations.
LCCI English for Business Examinations levels 2 and 3
In Wildau we offer two examinations at present:
- English for Business Level 3 (written and oral)
- English for Business Level 2 (written and oral)
LCCI English for Business Level 2 and 3: Exam dates and registrationOpen areaClose area
English for Business 2 and 3: *New date to be announced*
Registration and Payment
Please register using the online registration form. Details of how to pay are provided there. Present fees are € 65 for Level 2 and € 70 for Level 3.
- The LCCIEB are examinations in business English at a variety of levels, many of which are recognised internationally.
- Info packs and exams (past paper packs) are downloadable for free at lcciieb-germany.com
- Results and certificates will be avaible approximately 10 weeks after the date of the eaxmination
- View the LCCI and the Common European Framework of Reference for language competence.
LCCI English for Business Level 2: further informationOpen areaClose area
The type of questions you will have to answer is as follows:
1. Writing a business letter or a memo
2.- 3. Any of the following:
- Writing a leaflet (a flyer)
- Writing a notice (e.g. for a noticeboard)
- Writing a report (e.g. for your boss in a company)
- Writing an article (e.g. for an in-company newsletter or for the press)
- Writing a list (extracting important information from a text and presenting it in list form)
4. The oral exam:
This takes 7 minutes and is done with an external examiner. Subjects range from your experiences as a student and in work to general and basic knowledge about business.
The book: R.G. Mellor/ V.G. Davison, How to Pass English for Business Second Level, Logophon Lehrmittel Verlag, ISBN 3-955514-29-4, € 21 provides excellent preparation for this examination.
LCCI English for Business Level 3: further informationOpen areaClose area
There are four questions as follows:
1. Writing a business letter, usually in response to a letter received, or other documents (order slips, employer's instructions, telephone notes).
2. Drafting an internal company report, based on notes from a range of sources: newspaper cuttings, comments from inside and outside the company, from local government, clubs and societies etc.
3. A comprehension task. You have to give short answers to questions on a text.
4. A task in which you have to reformulate a message for a defined purpose. You may have to write a memo based on telephone notes, a summary of an article, a notice for your employees or customers etc.
5. The oral exam:
This takes 8-10 minutes and is done with an external examiner. Subjects range from your experiences as a student and in work to general and more thorough knowledge about business and current affairs.
The book: R.G. Mellor/ V.G. Davison, How to Pass English for Business Level 3, Logophon Lehrmittel Verlag, ISBN 3-955214-32-4, € 21 provides excellent preparation for this examination.