"Mir hat das Semester sehr viel Spaß gemacht und auch die 'Angst' vor dem Studium genommen." – Participant 2016
The pre-semester is a programme for study preparation, which is offered in the summer semester (March to July). This programme is aimed at all those, who
- would like to prepare for their studies in the summer semester alongside their work,
- are professionally qualified, i.e., haven't acquired an Advanced Technical College Certificate and are aiming for a subject-relevant degree with a completed vocational training and two years of professional experience,
- are working and several years have passed since they finished their studies,
- would like to find out what a degree programme feels like and hope to break down barriers and/or
- would like to get an idea of what life is like at the TH Wildau.
Which modules are taught?Open areaClose area
These modules are taught:
- The mathematics module includes the repetition/review of fundamental mathematical knowledge obtained in the secondary educational levels I and II.
- The scientific project helps prospective students get acquainted with study requirements, in which working techniques and project work are tested based on a scientific problem.
- The physics module serves as a refresher/review of fundamental physics knowledge obtained in the secondary educational levels I and II (for engineering degree programmes).
- The English module aims to reactivate English skills in both reading and listening comprehension as well as speaking and writing.
When?Open areaClose area
Registration for the 2018 semester is closed.
The next preseason will take place in 2019.
Saturdays, from 8am to 4pm
Beginning: March 16, 2019
End: July 13, 2019
How much does it cost?Open areaClose area
Thanks to funding from the Ministry of Science, Research and Culture from the European Social Fund and the State of Brandenburg 2016-2018, the pre-semester is free of charge for participants.
Participation requires the consent to the data collection as well as the complete answering of the questionnaires (participant monitoring).