10th Science Week from 8 to 12 March 2021
The Science Week took place for the first time #digital and marked the start of the celebratory year 30 Years of Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau. The focus was on 30 years of research and transfer at TH Wildau. Over the course of five days, conferences, symposia, specialist meetings and workshops highlighted the current state of applied and basic research on numerous contemporary themes.
The Wildau Science Week was aimed at both a specialist audience and the interested general public. Further information (in German and English).
The Ceremony for the Anniversary on 22 October 2021
The anniversary of the founding of TH Wildau should of course be celebrated in a fitting manner. We cordially invite you to the official anniversary ceremony on 22 October 2021. Together with companions, partners, students, employees and guests, we want to celebrate this day together. We will keep you informed about the programme here and would be pleased if you would make a note of the date.
Walking Day in April 2022
In April 2022, the university is planning a joint hiking day. Students and employees of TH Wildau are cordially invited to exercise together in the fresh air.
The organisation team will announce the exact date, the planned route and further details for participation in good time. We will keep you up to date here.
30-hour Run in April 2022
We will continue with movement. To mark our 30th anniversary, we are planning a 30-hour run in Wildau's Otto Franke Stadium.
The participants of the registered teams will take turns running for a total of 30 hours. How long each individual will run can be decided individually. Information on registration and organisation will follow shortly.
Homecoming Day in June 2022
The graduation ceremony 2019/2020 could not take place in 2020 and will instead now be part of the 1st Homecoming Day of the TH Wildau in our anniversary year.
The event will be introduced by the Wildau Music Day in the morning. We will round off the day with all participants and guests at a cosy campus party. More information shortly on this page.
Facts & Figures about TH Wildau
- largest university of applied sciences in the state of Brandenburg
- 3.697 students (winter semester 2019/20),
- 17% of which are international students
- 36% of which are women
- 18 Bachelor’s programmes
- 18 Master’s programmes
- Graduates 2019/2020: 613
- two faculties
- over 100 professors
- over 350 members of staff
International university partnerships
- approx. 70 partner universities
- in 60 countries around the world
Applied research and development
- one of the strongest research universities in Germany since 2001
- Third-party funding in 2019: 11 million euros
- over 220 research projects
- over 100 active research and scientific contacts
- certified “Family-Friendly University” (since 2009)
- right to system accreditation (since 2015)
- certified information security management system to DIN ISO 27001 (since 2019)
Awards and rankings
- “Most service-friendly university”, INSM study 2007
- “Library of the Year” 2012
- Project "Universities open to the world - against xenophobia"
- Support initiative “Innovative University” 2017
- 3rd place in the StudyCheck university rankings 2018
Last updated: 12/2020